Speaker cables for Heresy II's

Annabel

I second Speakerfritz on this. I use brown 16-gauge lamp cord for most everything I do, internal cabinet wiring to home theater and stereo. It seems to not look dirty over time and blends better with wood... or just paint it as needed.

For my sets of Heresy I and II's I just use a pair of equal length cables put banana plugs on one end and cheap spade connectors on the other.

Here is a scientific article on why plain lamp wire is just as good if not better than high-dollar cables:

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

However if you absoultely need real speaker cable to not be made fun of your friends,Monoprice is the cheapest around for cable, so are thier banana plugs, and any other parts they sell (nice place). I haven't been let down by any of thier products so far... they only sell high quality Chinese Junk! A really cool product for a custom look with pretty decor and in-wall/ceiling installations is this cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023902&p_id=2821&seq=1&format=2

So for the Heresies I would use lamp wire and invest the left over money on a nice subwoofer or two and a good pre-amp with multiple audio outs to make it all work. Keep in mind the Heresy is 2/3rds Klipsch horn... and you are really just substituting the efficient folded horn with a much less efficient form of bass... that is adjustible and can be moved around in the room.

Many consider the Heresy/Subwoofer combo to not only be a good bang-for-the-buck, but the best sounding system they own.