Plasma TV

Inkabodpain

I am looking for a plasma TV for my HT . For the size I want which is 60" I found a LG 60" PZ550 plasma/3D just came out this year . I found it at a local store for 1700.00 . Panasonic has a vt series 58" plasma/3D for close to 3000.00 way out of my budget. What is the your guys/gal opnion on the LG brand if any. thank you for any input.

LG consistently favors well in Consumer Reports, but just like any product, it's model specific with the top tiers usually performing better regardless of brand. If I could make a recommendation...Keep your Sharp and hold onto the cash or put it in a CD for a year because when OLED/QLED televisions hit the shelves, people are gonna dump anything less. It's that good. 3D and blu-ray are a fart-in-the-wind compared to this paradigm shift in viewing technology...has to be seen to be believed, just like high quality audio.

OLED's are going to be great... In time. I think the OP has quite a bit of time before a 50-60 inch OLED is consumer ready considering an 11-inch OLED runs about $2500 right now.

That said, I completely agree w/ the statement that 3d is not what it could be, right now. I don't really think 3d will take off until they remove the glasses from the equation (which actually isn't that far off). Until 3d works out all the kinks ($150/pair glasses, price/performance ratio) I'll stick to a really nice plasma.