My Home theater system, do i have any areas that I could have done better, in or about the same price range

lance1701

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a while now, trying to learn some stuff. Well here is my system Yamaha Rx-v2500, RF 35 fronts, RB 51II rears, RC 52 center, which is arriving today, after I order it I started feeling like it was to small, but it was already ordered so i figured I would give it a try. I also ordered a Epik Legend sub woofer, but its backordered so it won't be hear for a while. A lot of people say the front is very important to match well. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my system, if there was one thing that should be changed, like for example my receiver its a few years old and doesn't have HDMI on it, would my system be improved with a newer $ 500.00 receiver, or is my center channel going to be to small compared to the RF 35s. My room is 12 width by 18 length by 8 feet High with one doorway. Some day I hope to turn the RF 35 into RF 7s but not yet. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated thank you

Lance

I would not worry too much about the receiver since that is a decent receiver. First you want to make sure your speakers are everything that you want. I believe the rf-35s matching center is the rc-35. Which is pretty much the older version of the rc-62. I would upgrade your center if possible. I had the rc-52 with my rf-82s before and although it sounded okay it was not getting the job done as well as i would have liked.

Thanks for the info, so you are saying that I should get the RC 62 center or the RC-64 if I was to ever want to up grade my RF-35s and I would then have a good center channel speaker, I know the RF-35s are not the best. Have you every heard them or compared them to you RF 82s or RF 7s, just curious how much better sound quality I could get by changing the front speakers. again thanks for your input.

Lance

I am sure the rf-35s are decent speakers. Yeah you could get either the rc-35, rc-62 or the rc-64. You could even get the rc-64ii but that is stretching of course how well they will match. Of course getting a better center will work better with your rf-35s but like you said it also leaves you some room to upgrade if you ever want to (assuming you get the rc-64). Like i said though the rf-35s are good speakers and the rc-35 or rc-62 are going to be the best price to performance match

Hi everyone I have been reading the forums for a while now, trying to learn some stuff. Well here is my system Yamaha Rx-v2500, RF 35 fronts, RB 51II rears, RC 52 center, which is arriving today, after I order it I started feeling like it was to small, but it was already ordered so i figured I would give it a try. I also ordered a Epik Legend sub woofer, but its backordered so it won't be hear for a while. A lot of people say the front is very important to match well. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my system, if there was one thing that should be changed, like for example my receiver its a few years old and doesn't have HDMI on it, would my system be improved with a newer $ 500.00 receiver, or is my center channel going to be to small compared to the RF 35s. My room is 12 width by 18 length by 8 feet High with one doorway. Some day I hope to turn the RF 35 into RF 7s but not yet. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated thank you

Lance

I would change nothing until I have over 100 hours of listening to the system to determine what weaknesses, if any, it has.