sub hook up question.

racefan

hey what up every one new here.

i just bought the HD Theater 500 (HDT 500) Home Theater System and i ran a sub cable from the back of my reciever to the sub, am i suppose to have used a rca cable to run the sub or is the single sub cable fine. just asking because im wondering if maybe im not using both channels with the sub cable. any help would be great thanks..mike

i dont know what options you have on your sub. If you are using the subwoofer out RCA channel on your receiver then it would be a single rca to your sub. On some models of subs there is a left and right rca connection on the sub. From my experience, if it had both left and right channels, i had to use both channels or my sub would turn itself after 15 minutes think there was no signal. Generally you should be ok otherwise i think, just make sure, if available, use the rca channel labeled LFE which stands for low frequency effect. Hope this helps. Im not intimately familar with the hd500 since i dont own it.

I correct myself...just looked at the PDF owners manual. It shows the connection being made on the Line In "L" on the back of the sub. Its figure 3 of the owners manual. So as long as you have the LFE output on your receiver, you are fine with the single cable.

Guest Anonymous

The RCA input is a low level(voltage input).

the left and right speaker type inputs can also be used.

left side B out on your receiver, goes to left.

right side B out on your receiver, goes to right.

there are two ways for you to connected this sub.