Need setup advice. Bought a pair of RF-82 II's

tony

I am going to try and give you guys as much information as I can here so as to recieve a complete answer in return. Thank you for your time.

I just recently purchased over Ebay a pair of Black RF-82 II's from a man that claimed he was moving and had to get rid of them and only had them for two weeks. In box in original wrapping 1000 dollars with free shipping. They will arrive March 25th at my house. I was planning on buying a 750 dollar pair of RF-5's, but when I saw this deal I just had to jump on it.

My background and experience: I used to own a yamaha HTR 5840 and a pair of RF-3's that I got for 300 dollars brand new 5 years ago and both of them
and the reciever were stolen from my apt. I replaced my reciever with a Yamaha HTR-5940 which I still own today, and also bought a RC-5 center which I still have. The RF-3's souned like music to my ears and I was satisfied with what I had. I use them mainly for Movies but the longer I had them the more music I seemed to listen to; so I suppose I use them for both. I listen to Rock, Classical, Alternative, Jazz, Heavy metal.

I know what good speakers sound like to my ear because my friend works at a B and W shop in Austin, TX and I gott to sit down and demo everything with him and I seemed to come out with the consensus that once you hit about 3,500 dollars or so for a pair of speakers, the the gains in "performance" tapered off dramatically after that in concordance with price. Could I still tell the difference between the 3,500 pair and the 120,000 dollar pair? Oh yea, for sure. But man, thats expensive, ha. The 3,500 dollar pair was satisfying enough.

I can not afford at this moment to upgrade my reciever at all and will have to stick with the HTR-5940 and I am looking for some advice on setup to make sure I've tweaked everything I can tweak to get the best I can. Unfortunately the room that they will be in is only 15L x 15W x 14H and the viewer will be on the back wall in the middle watching a 46inch LCD that is hooked up to a computer that hadles all the media(blu-ray quality audo card and vedeo card and multiple custom Spdif outs for 6.1) So, should I...

Set the speaker size for large on the fronts, and medium on the center?
Set the distance from the viewer in feet on the reciever?
Fiddle with the toe-in to my own taste.?
Have speaker wire and bannana clips
A friend mentioned i should bridge my amplifier for more power to have a better sound quality possibly?
Listen to music in 2 channel audio mode.

What do you guys think?

I am going to try and give you guys as much information as I can here so as to recieve a complete answer in return. Thank you for your time.

I just recently purchased over Ebay a pair of Black RF-82 II's from a man that claimed he was moving and had to get rid of them and only had them for two weeks. In box in original wrapping 1000 dollars with free shipping. They will arrive March 25th at my house. I was planning on buying a 750 dollar pair of RF-5's, but when I saw this deal I just had to jump on it.

My background and experience: I used to own a yamaha HTR 5840 and a pair of RF-3's that I got for 300 dollars brand new 5 years ago and both of them
and the reciever were stolen from my apt. I replaced my reciever with a Yamaha HTR-5940 which I still own today, and also bought a RC-5 center which I still have. The RF-3's souned like music to my ears and I was satisfied with what I had. I use them mainly for Movies but the longer I had them the more music I seemed to listen to; so I suppose I use them for both. I listen to Rock, Classical, Alternative, Jazz, Heavy metal.

I know what good speakers sound like to my ear because my friend works at a B and W shop in Austin, TX and I gott to sit down and demo everything with him and I seemed to come out with the consensus that once you hit about 3,500 dollars or so for a pair of speakers, the the gains in "performance" tapered off dramatically after that in concordance with price. Could I still tell the difference between the 3,500 pair and the 120,000 dollar pair? Oh yea, for sure. But man, thats expensive, ha. The 3,500 dollar pair was satisfying enough.

I can not afford at this moment to upgrade my reciever at all and will have to stick with the HTR-5940 and I am looking for some advice on setup to make sure I've tweaked everything I can tweak to get the best I can. Unfortunately the room that they will be in is only 15L x 15W x 14H and the viewer will be on the back wall in the middle watching a 46inch LCD that is hooked up to a computer that hadles all the media(blu-ray quality audo card and vedeo card and multiple custom Spdif outs for 6.1) So, should I...

Set the speaker size for large on the fronts, and medium on the center? If you don't have a subwoofer, then yes. With a sub, set all to "small."
Set the distance from the viewer in feet on the reciever? Yes, fiddle with this to preference.
Fiddle with the toe-in to my own taste.? Definately.
Have speaker wire and bannana clips. Preference, not required.
A friend mentioned i should bridge my amplifier for more power to have a better sound quality possibly? If you don't have surrounds, then I think this would be a good idea.
Listen to music in 2 channel audio mode. That's the way I like it unless I have a disc that actually contains 5 channel content.

What do you guys think?