Quintets as surrounds and their brackets

mpetrich

I was wondering if the wall mounting brackets on the quintets come off, allowing you to mount it to a different bracket. I'm hoping to use them as surrounds when my new HT setup arrives. If the brackets don't come off, is it possible to mount with the current brackets to the ceiling?

I'm also looking for opinions on using the quintets for surround(rear) speakers with the following setup:

Denon AVR-3802

RF-5 mains

RC-3 II Center

KSW15 Sub

Thanks in advance, Mike

mpetrich yes they do if you pull back on the rubber boot thats around the stand you will see a nut, get the right size wrench and give her a few turns, the hole is about a 1/4" to 3/8", oh yeah by the way you will need to unscrew the front of the speaker (its just 4 screws and the whole front comes off) to get to the other nut so it doesn't just spin when you try to loosen it, you won't break anything.

i really don't know why you'd want to remove thoes nice brackets they are some of the nicest, fully adjustable, metal speakers brackets i've seen that some that come pre-installed on the speaker

anyways happy listening

This message has been edited by insomniac on 04-21-2002 at 10:54 PM

While you certainly can use Quintets as rears, I don't suggest them as they do not match the rest of your system very well at all. Even if you have more power to the rear channels than to the front (unlikely), the Quintets will be unable to keep up with your front three speakers. I strongly suggest you choose a more capable rear speaker even though they will be larger and more visible than the Quintets. The Quintets are limited by the laws of physics similarly to any speaker near their size.