blown Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 200 Watt 10In Subwoofer

randydb

Sooo, there is a synergy sub listed by a company that does Klipsch warranty repairs in Canada. They say the "sub woofer is blown."

Looks like I can pick it up for about $70 or less.

I keep thinking, what can be wrong? The speaker? Less that $75 shipped for a replacement. The power source? Don't know what that is worth.

Should I pick this up and take a crack at replacing the speaker?

Could have a decent sub for cheap $.

Quick reply's as it ends soon.

Randy

Is this sub available to you to check out before you buy? If so simply take any woofer that you have and hook it up to the subs amp and see if the amp works properly. Not to rain on what you hope is a potentially good deal but the chances are that the amp took out the driver in which case it is a waste of time and money. If the unit is not local then ask if they will do the same and give you a limited time for refund should you not be satisfied. Their answer to that question will tell the story. Best regards Moray James.

Is this sub available to you to check out before you buy? If so simply take any woofer that you have and hook it up to the subs amp and see if the amp works properly. Not to rain on what you hope is a potentially good deal but the chances are that the amp took out the driver in which case it is a waste of time and money. If the unit is not local then ask if they will do the same and give you a limited time for refund should you not be satisfied. Their answer to that question will tell the story. Best regards Moray James.

It didn't occur to me that it might have been the amp that took out the driver. I just sort of assumed that someone overdrove the driver until it blew. This sub is gone now(auction ended) went for $65. But they come though every couple weeks with different problems. They are a repair/warranty joint so they would get why I would want them to hook up another woofer and test the amp.I could see them doing it. I will keep my eyes open and also keep in mind the posibility of the amp being the problem when a driver blows.

Randy