ICON VF 36 or RF 62 II

Masika

Hi all.

Setting up my first AV Receiver and Speakers. I am not currently sure what model AVR but I will be getting a Yamaha.

I have a choice of purchasing a set of VF 36 and RF 62 II. I have heard the ICONs with a mid range AVR (Yamaha 765) and loved them. I have not heard the RF 62II but they have excellent reviews. The ICONs have higher RMS and if I go a RX-A2000 or similar can really handle them. Whether I go I low mid of higher AVR the speakers will last me for a time.

Basically I want to know if the the RF speakers are dramatically different to the ICONs.

Can't say I have heard the new RF-62 II's yet, but if I were to compare the ICON to the old RF-62's it would be a tossup. If you could, I would try to go with the RF-82 II's. The old RF-82's sounded better than the ICON 36's, so the new 82 II's should be better still. I can give you a better listening opinion in about a week when my set get's here along with my RF-7 II's.