Denon avr 890 (2310) comments.

oldenough

I've been looking around to purchase a new H/t receiver. At the moment I have an older H/K avr 310, which I am very happy with in regard to its sound, but it does not have HDMI, which I now need. While searching around for new receivers I came across a Denon avr 890 (used) for what seems a very reasonable price ($325). I 'm sorely tempted to jump in on this, but had pretty much made up my mind to stick with H/K. So anyone had any experience with the Denon avr 890, I believe it is also the same as the avr 2310, can Denon specs regarding power output (105wpc) be relied on? My old H/K is 75wpc, but their power ratings are generally pretty conservative. Any input will be much appreciated.....Thanks.

You could also just spend another $25 and buy a refurbished unit from an authorized denon dealer.

http://www.dakmart.com/p11307/DENON-AVR-890-AVR-2310CI-7.1-RECEIVER-HDMI-1.3A-MULTI-Z/product_info.html

Well yeah...I'd happily spend another $100 if someone told me this was the best receiver I could possibly buy, but I was looking for opinions on this receiver, not prices...Thanks.[:D]

You could also just spend another $25 and buy a refurbished unit from an authorized denon dealer.

http://www.dakmart.com/p11307/DENON-AVR-890-AVR-2310CI-7.1-RECEIVER-HDMI-1.3A-MULTI-Z/product_info.html

Well yeah...I'd happily spend another $100 if someone told me this was the best receiver I could possibly buy, but I was looking for opinions on this receiver, not prices...Thanks.Big Smile

Just wanted to point you in the direction of one that you could get that would have a return policy in case you didn't like it [;)] I have the previous year models 789 and 989, I don't believe that the models were changed that much. I did some research by simply looking up the owners manual for your current HK and the Denon 890. The Harmon Kardon out weighs the Denon by 8 lbs, not that it is a reason to have one over the other, but you gotta wonder what is causing the weight difference. The power consumption can sometimes show if you are getting an over inflated "wattage per channel" rating, so the HK being a supposed 1 amp less in max power consumption is a little puzzling. I would venture to guess that you wouldn't notice much difference at all from an amplifier power standpoint, but the Denons are definitely not going have a super easy user interface when compared to other brands, though I am very used to it. I love my Denons, they don't run hot, and they have features that are comparable or better than others for the price.

The Denon 890 is the same as the 2310, there is no 3210.

Well yeah...I'd happily spend another $100 if someone told me this was the best receiver I could possibly buy, but I was looking for opinions on this receiver, not prices...Thanks.Big Smile

The Denon 890 is the same as the 2310, there is no 3210.

Ooops! my mistake.