Match for CF-1s?

barry1967

these are very very rare.

I see them once in a while on eBay but the pitfalls are many and varied.

When two or more CF owners see one at auction, it gets ugly early and cut throat late.

Your best bet is to look at the eBay auctions for Klipsch a few times a day for the mis-priced "Buy It Now' (anything under $250 + shipping of around $50 would fit that category of "mis-priced") or find an auction that might be going under the radar in the hope that it might end (with you the winner) at $200 to $300 + ship.

Lowest I have seen an "under the radar" auction end at was $220 + $35 ship the highest I saw a "dog fight" end at was over $600 with shipping!

I have seen them sell here for around $325 to $425 + shipping.

Good luck,

Noah

Hudson,

Are these speakers matched because of the horns? I see that is the common factor. His pair of speakers is ported and the center is sealed. His woofers are 6.5 and the center 8. The prequency responses are very different as is the efficiency.

I am trying to learn this as I am still on a quest for the perfect center channel for my lascalas, and I'm thinking I might be better looking at the horn and tweet for timbre match.

Sorry for the noob question.

not a prob for the newb Q, but the thread Hijack I will apologies for.

yes, it is the horn AND (most important) the Aluminum Diaphragm in the driver.

I have some of those drivers...

but the kv4 and the K-64 driver set is VERY wrong for heritage (at least I eventually found the KV4 did not work as well as what I finally settled on.)

and no, it's not the acadamy...

<Hijack off>

Wouldn't the KLF-c7 be the better match?

I think you answered your own question. Still, the KLF-c7 has a 8" sealed design and the CF-1 uses 6.5 ported. I brought that up before on the other center. Aparently the mids and highs are the thing that matter when timbre matching. Dunno...