Energy Veritas 6.3 - Anyone heard them?

SuBXeRo

They look beautiful! You shoud get a much more open sound with the three way configuration...and of course the dome tweeter will be blah compared to a horn. Should be very nice with acoustical strings. You might want to reconsider Marantz amps with dome tweeters as Marantz is traditionally mellow in the top end. Something a little brighter would likely serve you well. I look forward to a full review!

Yeah, so far I am really happy. The first wow moment was when I was listening to acoustic music, and the midrange was bliss on the guitar. Just gave me a huge smile. That smoothness and midrange was what I was looking for. I will probably take the time to sit and listen after the weekend and write up a better review. So far for music, they are superior to my old Icons. Not sure about movies yet. Yeah, they for sure aren't as bright as horns. It's funny. If you go over to the avs forums in the Energy Owners thread, most people were complaining that they were too bright for usual Energy speakers and that there was too much Klipsch influence. This actually comforted me because I didn't want to give up too much high but still get that awesome midrange. When I am at work (Magnolia Best Buy) I find myself cringing away from the brighter speakers lately(Def Techs, Martin Logan) and have been enjoying doing demoes with Energy and Bowers and Wilkins much more. My only consideration after I sold my Klipsch was maybe getting the B&W CM9s(my hands down favorite speaker that Best Buy carries), but even with my employee discount, I would have had to fork over an extra $200 and not be able to get a center channel. As far as amps go, yeah my Denon is a really smooth relaxed sound receiver with sounded great with the Klipsch towers, and the Marantz amps are just a hair brighter than the Denon. To me, Pioneer Elite has the best balance of brightness and detail, and Yamaha and Onkyo tend to be VERY bright sounding amps. Does anyone know of any amps that give you more brightness? Emotiva perhaps?

I actually probably mis-spoke when I stated you might need a brighter amp. Since you will be using these in a 5-channel configuration, any receiver with room correction should be able to give you better highs. In theory, once calibrated, your system should be "neutral" to your listening position. I was thinking more about my vintage Marantz 2-Channel set-up. It has three tone controls, but is otherwise "as is" which is somewhat warm. This is a nice combination with my somewhat bright Klipsch speakers.