KG4s and Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 2400 -- To Keep or Not to Keep?

I was a late 1970's and early '80's nightclub d.j. and erstwhile
audiophile. In those days, I had componentry ranging from Kenwood to
Phase Linear and from Pioneer to Ditton (and Klipsch). I'm looking now for a sound step (pardon the pun) back into good musical equipment.

I am contemplating whether to keep a pair of KG4s that I purchased new in the early '80s. They have been unused for at least ten years and have been packed in a closet or our garage. Overall, their cabinetry / exterior is in good condition, except they are missing the bases that originally came on them.I have no idea what condition the internal part are in.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me?

• Is there a qualified / Klipsch-approved service center around Gallatin / Hendersonville, TN (37072) that can assess the speakers and tell me what it would take to bring them up to proper condition / performance?
  • Would it be worth it to spend the diagnosis / repair money on these speakers or should I sell them (I gather that the going price is between $100 and $300 / pair) and buy something new. I remember how these speakers blew me away with their sound so, in a way, I hate to part with them.

I also have a vintage 1979-era B&O Beomaster 2400 that can be repaired to new condition for $600 - $700. I'm wondering the same about it. Is this receiver a good match for the KG4s if I get both of them tuned-up? I wonder if the Beomaster is worth keeping (again, nostalgia and sentimentality are strong here) or should I move on?

Welcome to the forum! I'm over in Knoxville.

I'd speculate there are enough guys here that could help you bring them to spec. As long as all the drivers are working I'd wonder if your only concern might be to look at the crossovers? That seems to be the case with Heritage anyway. I've had LaScalas since 1979 and they still put it out there with their original drivers.

If you hate to part with them...keep them. If you want something bigger, make the decision then. My opinion is, bigger is usually better in the world of Klipsch. This of course, presumes you have the space and tolerance for larger.

I know nothing about the B&O

B&O was always out of reach financially for me. I know you get them now as an option in S class AMG Benzes and certain Aston Martins.

I have Klipsch speakers from mid 70's through the 2000's, and the only driver I ever replaced was one tweeter on a La Scala of a speaker that had bee rode HARD and put away wet MANY times. Unless you stored those things in a closet in a leaky barn, they are probably like they were when you bought them

Coyote is right. The only thing that likely needs to even be looked at is the Xover. Bob Crites sells rebuilds for them for $75 a pair.

I have nice working Beomaster 2400 of my own. It is a nice receiver but nothing outstanding IMO. The 2400's and 1900's (same without remote) regularly sell for less than $100 on epay in good condition, so I would not spend $600 to fix one! You can do better for less. They are notoriously difficult to work on, though. Heck, I'll sell you mine, in perfect condition, for only $599. [6] .