Just pulled the trigger! 2 Emotiva Ultra Sub 12's!

SuBXeRo

Sorry to interupt a thread but....

I am in the market for a home theater stand and noticed yours (Ironsave). I think it's the one I am looking at purchasing. Is it a Bello? I know the following isn't the right finish but is it it? What are your thought/opinions about it? I see you have a 52" and I have a 50", I would use the extension like you, but to me I have questions about sucha big TV on it despite its weight rating. Is it solid? Please e-mail chad_vh@yahoo.com or ragingalcoholics@yahoo.com Thank you

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bell'O+-+TV+Stand+with+Swivel+Mount+for+Flat-Panel+TVs+Up+to+52%22/9245195.p?id=1218066768930&skuId=9245195&st=bello&cp=1&lp=1

Sorry; I did not see this!

The stand in question is super solid! My HK receiver is almost 60 pounds and this thing holds it just fine.

The stand itself weighs clloser to 150 pounds, so yes; It holds the tv perfectly......

Again; my apologies for missing this.

ive been around, not much posting lately, was taking a real estate licensing class and what not, my state test is today actually, cross your fingers.

My room is not accoustically friendly at all so i have more tweaking to do but i can say that these subs are an EXCELLENT value. The subs can hit pretty deep but with the way my room is and how i have to have things setup, i am not truly benefiting from their capabilities. I mean, dont get me wrong, i watched tron and the lfe was so strong that it shook my icemaker out of the pantry in the back of the room. These subs are very very very capable. I have to mess with the phase control and the crossover points, i have my rf-7's full range and the center at 50hz and the surrounds at 50hz and the sub was up to 80hz but things were sounding a little muddy in some of the listening spots in regards to stereo music listening. For HT this setup will blow you out of your seat. The loudest i turn the umc-1 up to is like 45 and its loudddd.

The emo 12's are very accurate. For what its worth, if i had a larger sub in there, i couldnt tell you if it would sound better or worse since i have a 15' high catherdral ceiling. The bass is amazing sounding in the back of the room where it reflects off the wall and if thats how it would sound normally, as in my room wasnt a nightmare i would be, well, i am happy anyways!

My final conclusion is this, i think the emotiva ultra sub-12's are an amazing value for their performance and would recommend it to anyone on a budget or someone who is cost concious. I would however like to explore other subs in the future from SVS, Velodyne, Elemental Designs, Sunfire etc, especially in the larger woofer range of 15-18" with passive or vented/ported enclosures. That is just because i am curious to what performances gains and disadvantages there are.

Emotiva Ultra Sub-12: Small Footprint, Small Price, BIG Impact

fullht1.jpg

fullht2.jpg

ive been around, not much posting lately, was taking a real estate licensing class and what not, my state test is today actually, cross your fingers.

My room is not accoustically friendly at all so i have more tweaking to do but i can say that these subs are an EXCELLENT value. The subs can hit pretty deep but with the way my room is and how i have to have things setup, i am not truly benefiting from their capabilities. I mean, dont get me wrong, i watched tron and the lfe was so strong that it shook my icemaker out of the pantry in the back of the room. These subs are very very very capable. I have to mess with the phase control and the crossover points, i have my rf-7's full range and the center at 50hz and the surrounds at 50hz and the sub was up to 80hz but things were sounding a little muddy in some of the listening spots in regards to stereo music listening. For HT this setup will blow you out of your seat. The loudest i turn the umc-1 up to is like 45 and its loudddd.

The emo 12's are very accurate. For what its worth, if i had a larger sub in there, i couldnt tell you if it would sound better or worse since i have a 15' high catherdral ceiling. The bass is amazing sounding in the back of the room where it reflects off the wall and if thats how it would sound normally, as in my room wasnt a nightmare i would be, well, i am happy anyways!

My final conclusion is this, i think the emotiva ultra sub-12's are an amazing value for their performance and would recommend it to anyone on a budget or someone who is cost concious. I would however like to explore other subs in the future from SVS, Velodyne, Elemental Designs, Sunfire etc, especially in the larger woofer range of 15-18" with passive or vented/ported enclosures. That is just because i am curious to what performances gains and disadvantages there are.

Emotiva Ultra Sub-12: Small Footprint, Small Price, BIG Impact

fullht1.jpg

fullht2.jpg

SuBXeRo, so on top pic there are only RF-7s as mains. And then in the second pic you have a speaker on top of it. Are they, 1982 Heresy HWO?

How do they sound when they are on top of RF-7s? Or is it just a temp arrangement?