Sub to keep up with my La Scalas

mustang guy

The speaker is the same size as a La Scala, except 1 foot deeper. Here is the SPL chart for the speaker:

THT.gif

I will have 4 of these operating at no more than 190 watts RMS, and they should fill the shop nicely. When I get it all done and equalized, I am going to record a video and post it.

Great looking work. Any reason you chose that build over the F20 I linked you to at the avsforum? The F20 was a cheaper/simpler/lower tuned build.

Thank you. I don't remember why I picked this sub over the F20. One thing that I do remember was that I am making these the same size basically as the La Scalas. Not the best reason, but it was one of them. It fit in... No matter what you do in this field there is always greener grass somewhere else. No absolute right answer. That's the fun of it.

At any rate, I know how to build these now, and it really isn't too bad. I really took my time so I could understand it well, but now I can whip them out. I'll build the next 3 in the time it took to build this one.

I must admit that building this sub has been one of the most enjoyable projects I have ever had. Its completely new to me. Love it!

Just tested the sub out with one of my home theater systems and watched TRON BluRay. All I have to say it WOW. This thing goes so low, and still does not overwhelm the system. Very float, and extremely good at ULF.

[Y] They should really round out the bottom end.