powerdvd freezing

tpg

well, ok, every time i play a dvd, it freezes at least once. when i watch one, i shut down my antivirus, firewall, and anything else i don't need so that my cpu power is nearly 100% to the movie.

i recently got powerdvd from one of my friends and installed it. sonds great and looks great, but freezes all the time, sometimes causing a total system lockup.

anybody know why?

if is not fixable, i guess i'll move on to windvd 3.1, but if i use windvd will i have to enable cmss again?

thanks

------------------

got the pm5.1's-- all i can say is WOW (and i can't hear)

KLIPSCH ROCKS!

If you are shuting down all that, then your playback ain't right anyways.

When you boot look to see if your video card shares resources with another device.

With early drivers for the Via chipset and the ATI Radeon I would manually reassign scsi and network card to leave irq 11 open for the agp.

WINDVD DOESN'T GIVE ME SOUND FROM THE CENTER SPEAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

why?

i talked my mom into buying the upgrade (i had windvd2000) and thoguth it would work, but no center speaker. how do i fix this?

------------------

KLIPSCH ROCKS!

nope. it's 6 speaker. believe me, that was the first thing i checked. i tried going from 4 seaker to 6 speaker, nothing. NO CENTER. AHHHH! i HATE WINDVD!

i am gonna call them and give them a piece of my mind monday. and i better get a refund.cwm23.gif

------------------

KLIPSCH ROCKS!

ok, guys, i know what i am doing. no. it is in 6 speaker mode (5.1) as it says. no 5.1 at all. the voice is split between the left/right front. like a 4.1 setup, and it is bypassing my center, though mny sub works. out of ideas.

------------------

KLIPSCH ROCKS!

well i tried enabling cmss, and to my surprise, i get a good sounding surround with windvd. hmm. strange. perhaps creative's crappy sblive was somehow keeping windvd from properly working and outputting the center, or something screwy like that. dunno. well, it sounds decent, though all my volume has now gone to powerdvd. ???? what the heck?!

suddenly, powerdvd is really loud, but windvd isn't. however, powerdvd freezes, so i guess i'll get dvd genie to fix this. i'll see what i can do.

any suggestions on what to do are welcome. Smile.gif

------------------

KLIPSCH ROCKS!