Take a look

TheEAR

May I live to be a thousand and never want for one of those! HAH what a beast!!!

I use to have separates for my Stereo system, Adcom Power amp and a Sansui integrated amp used as a preamp and a Sansui Tuner, those are now long gone replaced by a Sony DA5ES receiver, Home Theater can be such a dismal proposition at times, soooo many choices! From the Power source, what you can afford, to speaker choices, those that thrill and excite us! And of course the software medium of DVD or CD or SACDs, lately I've discovered that the Source of the music/movie can GREATLY change our prespective on how our systems sound, one poorly made sound track can sour us on how our systems sounds and puts us into the mode of looking to upgrade SOMETHING to make it better, but put in a very well made soundtrack and WOW it really opens up and you sit back, rest and drink your favourite beverage and smile and wish it could last forever!

Sorry for the melodious waxing on here but after seeing those HUGE amps I needed to vent a little...Wink.gif

TE, you certainly have the life sir! Hats off to you!

Thanks for sharing! off to count my pennies...

G2

This is probably one of the benefits of owning Klipsch products: one does not have the need for an amplifier that could also substitute as a power plant for a small city!

Separates have their place in the Klipsch world for individuals who crave the finest sound reporduction and want amplification from products that use premium components. However, the Krell amps such as the one pictured, and other simillar products, are of great use in driving finicky, low efficiency speaker to reference SPL's without an audible loss in sound quality. Klipsch speakers do not have these requirements.

In my comparatively modest system, I have an outboard amp connected to my receiver's pre-outs. This combination allows my RF-3's optimum bass extension, and a wider soundstage. However, I might not have made this extra expenditure (for the amp) if I did not find the amp at a bargain price.

At some point, I may opt for a separate pre-processor, particularly if surround technology leaps beyond the technology employed in my receiver. However, for now, I could not be more pleased with the sound reproduction of my system.

FYI: Rented "Behind Enemy Lines" this weekend and watched it in DTS Surround. What a great job the studio did of delivering on the full potential of the DVD/DTS capabilities. Check it out!

------------------

Mike - Livonia, MI

Klipsch RF-3 L/R

Klipsch RC-3 Center

Klipsch RB-5 rears

HSU Research VF-2 Sub

Marantz SR-19EX receiver

Marantz MM-9000 Amp

NAD T550 DVD

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Yes with Klipsch you dont nedd Krell or Mark Levinson power amps.With a few good watts Klipsch speakers can start to whip out big SPL.

I use my Klipsch RF-7's and RC-7 with an ATI 2505,I sure dont need this level of power but its there.Its good to know I have ten times more power any sane human would need.

I tried the RF-7's in my large HT/Stereo room and I did hear better bass control and a more efortless presentation with the Krell FPB600,the Celeste Moon W5 also had a similar effect on the RF-7's.

Compared side by side the RF-7's are colored when doing an A/B test against the Dynaudio Contour 3.3's.

Frown.gif Hey the RF-7's are $2000 and the 3.3's are $7000.

Cant have it all at only 2 grand

The Dynaudio Contour really take advantage of Celste and Krell amps.And I like it this way

Funny thing is I can spend more money on amps then speakers! Crazy? You bet

TheEAR(s) Now theears