Fisher Statesman III

Hello all, found what I considered to be just an old console at a thrfit store last week until I did a little research. Come to find out that I am now the new owner of a 1962/1963 Fisher Statesman. I don't know a whole lot about this unit, besides what it is. Any advice on how to restore this one to what it used to be would be greatly appreciated. I paid $75 for it and the radio sounds incredible, but I want to get a turn table back in it, etc..

Do you have experience in restoring vacuum tube electronics and working with potentially lethal voltages? If not, don't consider touching it; rather, seek the help of a qualified repair technician. If you can, post the model # of the chassis which it uses (close-up pix of the chassis, etc. would be helpful also).

If it's the one that I'm thinking of, there should be a separate chassis for the amplifier mounted on the bottom shelf of the cabinet (the model number will be stamped on it). Another chassis, containing the AM/FM tuner and phono sections, is what is mounted on top with the controls and face plate. This is a nice find as the amplifiers used in such consoles are really nice and, once restored to ensure safe operation, can provide many years of terrific listening enjoyment!