Any experiences with MBL amps and heritage series?

jcm

I first heard MBL amps and speakers at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show a few years back, and I was blown away. It was the only system there that I though truly destroyed mine :) Of course they are priced similar to a sedan, so I really didn't think much about them.

Now MBL has a nice little amp called the 8006B that l am thinking about as an upgrade to my Emotiva XPA-5 for the khorns. It seems difficult to find a really satisfying amp that doesn't put out way too much power... the 8006B is only 125w RMS/500 peak, which matches the khorn specs very well. There is a shop on audiogon selling one for under $2500, so it's in range... (see http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1315520310).

I know most MBL amps are monsters, and probably not appropriate for legacy series, but has anybody heard them in that combo?

Thanks all,

John

• Like 1

MBL had a big room and humungous (sp?) amp and speaker displays at the recent Capital audiofest: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/150692.aspx?PageIndex=2. I was negative about the sound quality, and one or two others were not positive by implication.

The power is reasonable for Heritage IMO. The sensitivity (1.5v for 185w out) might be marginally high (numerically low) for Klipsch 104 db efficiency, i.e., it could possibly magnify preamp noise if the input level can't be controlled.