Counterfeit alerted on eBay! IMAGE S4

intellca

I purchased a pair of IMAGE S4 from seller "e-to-the-b" on eBay, given that the seller's got 100% feedback and have sold over 60 of these IMAGE S4. I have used Klipsch products for years including a pair of Klipsch X10. So I got skeptical of the muddy over-bass and sound quality of the S4 I got from this seller. I read a few posts on this forum about characteristics of counterfeits and was 50% sure I have a counterfeit pair. I quicky drove to Bestbuy and bought a retail pair, brought it home and did some careful analysis of sound quality and appearance, I am 100% sure I got a counterfeit pair from seller "e-to-the-b". I can not believe this guy has got a 100% feedback, so deceiving. Soon after I pointed out to him that his sales is counterfeit, he explained that he gets it from various vendors and are not 100% about quality. I am still waiting on a refund, but the guy's been dishonest so far.

The outer packaging is 100% identical to the real thing, it is tiny details on the inside and the sound quality that are QUITE different!

• 2 weeks later...