questions about kpt-200 and some others also

brandonnash

I just purchased a pair of kpt-200's today for a very good price, at least I think they're a good price. I don't know what they usually go for.

My question about them is also related to the kpt-100. I am running the 100 as my center channel and was going to use the 200's as surround in my home system. I have la scalas as front left and right and have noticed that the top end of the frequency response is a bit relaxed with the 100 and also with the 200. Looking at the website it says it has high frequency protection circuits. Is there a way to defeat that? Just wanting to see if the difference would be worth the trouble.

The guy I bought them from also has some 904's and says he has some 942's and they are also ultra cheap. They don't come with a crossover I know so I would have to make one or get a behringer 2496 or minidsp to handle the 24 db slope that's recommended.

The Guy has a lot of these so if anyone wants a great deal let me know and I will pass along his number.

Hi Brandon,

From the Klipsch site:

THX®-Approved the KPT-200 is a 12-inch two-way cinema surround
loudspeaker system that delivers extended bass response controlled
coverage and standard SMPTE/ISO 2696 X-curve de-emphasis

The KPT-200 and KPT-100 are both THX approved for surround. The hi freq response is rolled off per THX specs.

I really don't care too much about the thx badge (which isn't even on it). What I'm asking is more toward is the hi frew filter bulit into the crossover or is it something added seperately? All I want is a crossover that blends the woofer and tweeter and doesn't fudge with the sound past that. Like I said before if its something I can tweak out i'd like to give it a shot. If not that's ok too. These are pretty nice and for the price I paid they're a great value.