Headline: Newbie charge with theft...I think I should be...let me know.

Carver Klipchin

Hello Folks,

Yes this is going to be a short tip toe into the deep end of the pool. I've been reading the forum since December trembling behind the curtain for lack of equipment to talk about. Now I have achieved my goal set forth when I inherited my parents Carver equipment. It is the beautiful, IMHO, Carver M-4.0t amp, CT-Seven preamp, and at the time, the better of the available cd player units, the DL-3220,all in the rack mount bluish brushed aluminum face. Now here's where I think the larceny took place and you folk can be the judge, and please excuse the infusion of humor, that's just the way I operate. I purchase a one owner pair of Forte II sparkers, which the owner had professionally Converted to black, great condition, lightly used; an Academy center channel, pristine cond.; a pair of little JBL Arc speakers, and an unused, still wrapped in plastic klipsch Sub8 for the overwhelming price of...wait for it...$;( we'll come back to that! It blew my mind. I went there thinking maybe he inherited it and just didn't know what he had, but he said he went to th store along time ago in Colorado and bought them new for his home theater and didn't have the room any more. He had just purchased a smaller new Klipsch set up and was happy to see it go to another Klipsch fan. I wanted to hug him. I contemplated telling him what the Academy sells for online, much less the Forte II, usually in much worse condition. OK...I left you wanting. I've foreshadowed a bit, but I depend on you folks to keep me ground in facts, so I will ask for feedback before I reveal the answer. All I ask is that you cut this newbie a bit of slack and let me know what I have and should have paid based on your experience in the market, and I'll figure out if I need to return to Craigslist for a small sword to perform sepuku in my garage among my speakers. Thanks in advance for the help and I promise to reveal withou fanfare following the reply posts. I know the JBL's and Sub8 are just filler, but it's the two channel and center I am excited about! Thank for enduring this novel of a post!

Carver Klipchin (yes I know it's misspelled, it was available & witty)

• Moderators

Welcome, and you did good, as long as they gave it to you, instead of you finding it in the middle of the night, your good. [Y]

" behind the curtain for lack of equipment to talk about. Now I have achieved my goal set forth when I inherited my parents "

Having a lack of equipment shouldn't have stopped you from joining, but I have to say you did jump in with a really good speaker, and setup. [H] Your parents had good taste.