KSW 12 subwoofer Buzz / Hum please help!!!

Hello Everyone,

I hope one of you can help me. About 2-3 months ago my KSW 12 subwoofer started buzzing when my receiver was turned off (it's totally silent while my receiver is on.) I started flipping the KSW 12 switch to off when it wasn't in use and that seemed to work fine, although it's a bit of a pain switching it by hand so often.

Just tonight the KSW 12 started making a humming noise while it is both turned off and on (somewhat higher pitched than the buzz), I unplugged the KSW 12 and the humming stopped, I plugged it back in and the hum was there again.

I've owned the speaker for a little over 2 years. I purchased it from Vanns who is an authorized retailer of Klipsch. I know the speaker has a very good warranty (10 years I think) so I'm pretty sure I'm still covered. I'm in California and Vanns is in Montana, is there a California service center that will look at it? Do I need to send it to Hope, AK? Any and all help that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. I haven't had any problems with my other 5 Klipsch synergy speakers. What happened?? This problem is starting to drive me crazy. Please email me help! Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Illya

circle_of_confusion@yahoo.com

------------------

--------------------------------

Klipsch KSF-8.5 Towers

Klipsch SC-5 Center

Klipsch S-5 Surronds

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Sony V series 27"

Sony DB-930 Receiver

Panasonic C220 5 DVD changer