Klipsch g-42 sound bar and sw-110 sub

secretplayer

any sattelite system like that soundbar or the other flatpanel solutions klipsch has offered will need a sub to accompany it. Subs when they get larger typically dont have as vesatile of a frequency range because the cones are much large. Subs are designed to handle low frequencies very well. For the most part, barring the subs frequency extension into the 100hz+ range they each have a unique sound but perform the same functions and dont have to be timbre (tonally) matched with the speakers (this is because subs dont have a tweeter).

Are flat speakers the only solution for you or would you be willing to actually get bookshelf speakers?

SuB:

Thanks for your response.

The system I am considering is ONLY the sound bar (G-42) and the sub (SW-110). This is for a new bedroom flat plasma TV just purchased.

Main home theater system is in the Family Room with big Klipschs, sub., etc. Audio room is so far divoid of any Klipsch products so far.

Any experience with the G-42 & SW-110 combo? Sound? etc.?

SP

Not a problem, i just wanted to see if you had any desire to use component speakers because you can get away with spending the same amount of money for your front soundstage barring the subs. If you are looking for a flat panel solution only then the sound bar is obviously what you should get.

I dont have any direct experience with it yet, i dont think manyhave since it has been out for such a short period of time. I am going to assume that it sounds clean and clear. If you are going for flat panel solutions you can always explore definitive technology or KEF as they both have some very good flatscreen solutions.

What you are asking is subjective to someone elses hearing. If you decide to buy it, make sure they have a return policy in case you dont like it. So far the only klipsch product i have been disatisfied with has been the GMX computer speakers, the speakers themselves sound clear, the sub was clean and clear but the amp they used was garbage and the tweeters always emitted static whether or not the speakers were on, more so than any of my other klipsch speakers, its a lack of refinement. So far any of klipshes component speakers have worked flawlessly. Just remember, the performance you receive from this type of speakers is going to be directly related to the woofer size and its designed purpose. You wont get much bass out of this and that is why you 100% need a sub to handle the low end. Since it is your bedroom, a sub may be overkill unless u turn the gain down a bit if you are looking for more of a serene less in your face tv watching experience. At least you have the option to do that with a sub. The soundbar has a freq range down to 65hz which isnt bad, i would just expect that depth to disappear rather quickly once you start turning the volume up, i would say you should probably start with a crossover of 80hz for that. Again, i am speculating based on my experience with smaller drivers and that i know smaller drivers suck at producing bass.

Sub:

Thanks for the follow up.

Yea - I want some guidance on how they sound as a starting point only. Don't think I'm going to find a retailer with the exact setup and I'll possibly use the Intertnet to buy at the lowest price.

Return policy is as always very important I agree. I think my acceptance window eventually will be a lot larger than in the Audiophile Room ....

WAF is also critical here.

ALL / ANY thoughts or opinions are welcomed!

SP