KSW 12

Scc8b

Welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify what you mean by a splitter?

If you indeed have a sub out on your receiver and a sub in on your sub, that is the best way to connect them.

Also, tell us what receiver and what sub you have, and the approximate size of the listening room.

If you want more bass response from a sub, the best way is to experiment with placement. A corner will result in the most gain. The corner acts as a crude amlipfier, but it is very effective with low frequencies. The distance from the corner and the direction the sub is facing can be experimented with. Remember that you want it to sound best from your listening position, so sit there to test it.

I have a Yamaha receiver with a sub preout just 1 then i have a KSW-12 sub with the red and white preouts i played around with it just connecting one on the preouts on the sub then using a "Y" and the Y makes a world of difference also i was wondering if using monster cables RCA's or SUB cables will make a significant different vs regular RCA's Thanks guys

I have a Yamaha receiver with a sub preout just 1 then i have a KSW-12 sub with the red and white preouts i played around with it just connecting one on the preouts on the sub then using a "Y" and the Y makes a world of difference also i was wondering if using monster cables RCA's or SUB cables will make a significant different vs regular RCA's Thanks guys

The amplifier sums the 2 signals from the Y cable and gives the amp double the signal than the mono cable. It does NOT increase the maximum output of the sub. Turning up the gain on the amp or increasing the signal from the receiver will do the same thing as using the Y connector.

Monster or standard RCA's are fine. Your ears won't know the difference. Check out Monoprice.com for reasonably priced cables.