Image S4 fit issues

BBQGuy

I just bought a pair and placed them in my ear. I've heard kazoo bands that sounded better. Called Klipsch customer service and the rep was helpful, but not overly so. He said if they still sounded bad after trying all three tips, there was probably something wrong with the set and I should take them back to the store where I purchased them. Rather than doing that, I began doing some research. The bottom line is that after putting on the large gels, it took some adjustment within the ear canal to get them to a point where they sounded terrific. I had to spin each of the earbuds around in my ear until I got a good solid fit and the ear was basically completely occluded with the gel tip. The difference in sound was staggering. I went from very disappointed to extremely happy with my purchase after a few short minutes of playing with the positioning of each of the earbuds.

Hope this helps someone that had the same problem.

BBQGuy.

Everybody's ears are a little different. My S4i's (& S5i's) fit better when I turn them upside down. The tragus on my ear tends to interfere with the insertion of the ear bud body if I insert them the "normal" way.

In addition, other advantages of using the upside down method include; wire wrapped up and over the earlobe will secure the bud better during vigorous exercise, and if exercising to the point where you sweat a lot, the sweat won't travel down the wire into the control ruining it (I damaged my S4i control because of sweat).

When I do my indoor cycling (think puddles under the bike), I turn them upside down but don't wrap the wires behind my ears. The wires stick out away from my ear lobes minimising the sweat from dripping down the wire.

By the way, you can repair a sweat-ruined control (I did) if you have the correct tools (ESD strap, tiny tweezers, microscope), but I wouldn't recommend it for the average user.