Receivers using PurePath these days? Looking to replace a Panasonic XR-55

stringless

I've searched both here and Google, and can't seem to find who currently makes receivers using TI's PurePath chipsets. I find tons of links to TI's own materials on PurePath, but nothing on who makes AVRs using them.

Why am I fixated on PurePath? It sounds awesome, to my ears. I have two XR55s, one's running two Fortes, the other is running 3 SF2s and 2 SB2s for my theater. This is the one I wish to replace. It's not broken or anything, and it will remain employed in my house -- just not in the theater. I need HDMI and want other bells and whistles like built-in AirPlay, etc. And I'm aware I could add an hdmi switcher and control it all from my Harmony, but I'd like to experiment with something new. I've had these XRs since 2005.

So -- who's making this these days? Or something close to it? Something slim, light, cool-running that sounds like tubes but goes for $700 or less? With at least 3 HDMI inputs and one HDMI out. And since it's for a movie theater with a projector, dim display is a must -- really dim.

Denon? Marantz? Sherwood? Seriously, no one seems to say what they use except for pioneer, and tha'ts a bit too much $ for me. Part of the 55's charm was outrageous performance at a ridiculously low price. That's something I'd like to keep in my next AVR.

Thanks for any responses. I can't belive it's this hard to find a cheap purepath receiver. I further can't belive the lack of information on it. Either it's dead, or everyone's using it and not saying it.

Try looking for a Kenwood VRS-N8100. It has onboard Ethernet. The Sherwood R-904N (with Ethernet but has very bright lighting) , and Newcastle R-903 are still available. Those are the only PurePath I'm aware of at that price point. Everything else is ICE power to the best of my knowledge.

I can't belive it's this hard to find a cheap purepath receiver.

I can relate...