DVD crackling

dblue

I have noticed since I set up my new system (Denon 2802, Klipsch RF3II all around) that on some DVD's during certain sections there is a crackling sound. It is usually when there is a lot of midrange activity coming out of the center (a plane engine, or crowd noise, etc...) THe sound is there an any volume, and if I rewind the DVD, it is EXACTLY the same sound, as if it is in the recording. A few DVD's I have noticed this on...(Blood: The last Vampire, Near beginning, big plane taking off::: Almost FAmous, Untitled, In a party scene with a lot of talking). Cound this be the DVD Player (JVC, not sure of model #, but it is gold, and was around 220, single disc), my connections, the Denon, or what. I'm quite convinced it's not the speakers, since it occurs even at low volumes, and it is the same on each viewing. I'm using a coaxial connection to the denon from the DVD player. All opinions appreciated. cwm1.gif

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

You're in good company. Some DVD's are very poorly mastered, or have sound artifacts from their original analog masters (esp. in the case of older films). Check out the link below for some peace of mind:

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003269.html

Hope this helps,

Colin

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 05-03-2002 at 11:00 AM