Unique Cornwall Finish

Hi,

I bought my Corns new and unfinished. The wife insisted on a red mahagony finish. I didn't complain since she was giving me the nod to keeping them. She really loves the sound too. Anyway, many years later her tastes changed and she wanted a natural bond finish. This was not realistic because of the original stain. I bleached the hell out of the finish and then applied a coat of clear poly. The results were unexpected and the wife was happy once again. The finish looks like mesquite wood. I really love it. I've posted the results here and also a picture of a DYI sub. It weighs in at 250 lbs. Double walled, braced and has a hand made 15" sub driver that has made my listening experience much more satisfying. I never know the sub is on until I shut it off and then the wife comments on how the music doesn't sound as good. I never thought I needed a sub with the Corns and their massive 15" woofers but the sub makes all the difference.

Cornwall IIs

Heresys

C5 Center

KSF-S5 Sorrounds

Sherbourn monoblock amp

B&K AV5000II amp

B&K ST-140 amp (powers the sub)

Pioneer DVD

Sherwood Newcastle 9080 Preamp

HK receiver

AMC amp

Thanks shape shifter,

It's a fun hobby. I have two corners as you saw in my pics so K-horns are a possibility. I'm not sure I would gain anything because I have the sub. Also, the K-horns are huge speakers. Maybe someone without corners would like to trade for the COrns and cash. Who knows. I posted to more shots I forgot I had. These show the sub with the cover off and also the grill which is made from Klipsch cane material. I bought it for 20.00 a yard right from Klipsch.

It's fun to look at other setups. Do u have any links? The SHerbourn amp is my latest addition which I like a lot. I wanted the B&K 7250 but it was out of my price range at the time.