specs on my kp 115x/kp 1000x big ass speaker Iv'e had since about 1996

DAN BORTZ

I can not find the specs on this discontinued box. All I know it's loud / bassey as hell/ and heavy. Like I mentioned, I have had it since the late 90's (using it for mobile DJ applications) and bought it from the factory via mail. I had it delivered...costing a lot for delivery, but not as much one would think considering it's weight. I am reluctantly selling it, so I can reinvest in my business and would like to give the specs to prospective buyers. Can someone dig into the mothballs and find the specs on this model? Thanks...D.

Here you go SPECIFICATIONS

ACCESSORIES: KP-36-T Support Tube and KP-18-T Support Tube

BUILT FROM: 2001

BUILT UNTIL: 2004

COVERAGE ANGLE: Essentially omnidirectional below 150Hz

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 150Hz

DIMENSIONS: 18.825" (47.9cm) x 24.5" (62.2cm) x 19.5" (35cm)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: 0.75" void-free plywood internally braced and lined with acoustical foam

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 50Hz - 400Hz(+-)4dB (-10dB @ 38Hz) @ 3 meters, 1/2 space anechoicUsable response to 1.5kHz

INPUT CONNECTIONS: Locking Neutrik D-shell 0.25" phone jacks and red/black five-way binding posts

MAX CONTINUOUS OUTPUT: 126dB

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms, 5.8 ohms minimum @ 150Hz

POWER HANDLING: 400 watts (48V)

SENSITIVITY: 101dB @ 2.83V, 1 meter, 1/2 space anechoic

WEIGHT: 65 lbs (29.5kg) Net/70 lbs. (31.8kg) Shipping

WOOFER: One 15" K-48-K die-cast aluminum frame woofer

Like I mentioned earlier (I think)... I ordered the KP 115x/ KP 1000x by mail from the factory by mail (not from a local vendor) and it just came this way. It looks Identical in every way to the smaller (FRONT) pic you sent minus the logo "PROFESSIONAL" with a (red line on top and bottom)... under the word "Klipsch" (and carpeting of course). The back panel looks Identical too. Maybe they produced some special issue boxes back in 1996...who knows? The specs must be the same, or damned close...one would think. KG4...you are the man...thanks for all your help man. Do you have the specs on the model (front) pic (the smaller pic with the 15). I am certain those would be accurate. That had to be a 115/1000. (or was it (bwah ha ha ha). Be assured...I did not carpet this thing...like I said, it came with the Klipsch black carpeting pre-installed). Maybe I misunderstood your post...YOU HAVE SEEN THEM CARPETED...My bad...anyway...I have one and would love specs.. 3234 jpeg .plain and simple. I have to read closer.

Thanks again

Bortzy

Klipsch pro speakers with 'rat fur' (black carpeting) were manufactured during several years when another Hope company called WWR was doing the manufacturing for Klipsch. I think they are all made of an OSB-type material, are carpeted with corners, and all bear a four digit part number similar to it's cousin made before and after at the Klipsch factory in Hope.

KP250 -> KP2502

KP115 -> KP1000 (there are variations with crossover that carry CX designation)

KP3002 was only made by WWR and is a two way cabinet, Klipsch made KP362 and KI362, both of which are three way models

KP-2500-C.pdf

Klipsch pro speakers with 'rat fur' (black carpeting) were manufactured during several years when another Hope company called WWR was doing the manufacturing for Klipsch. I think they are all made of an OSB-type material, are carpeted with corners, and all bear a four digit part number similar to it's cousin made before and after at the Klipsch factory in Hope.

KP250 -> KP2502

KP115 -> KP1000 (there are variations with crossover that carry CX designation)

KP3002 was only made by WWR and is a two way cabinet, Klipsch made KP362 and KI362, both of which are three way models

Now it comes down to what is a good selling price for just one "MONSTER SUB". I know what I paid for it new but that is irrelevant at this point. I know the phrase "what the market will bear"...but a starting point is all I am really looking for. Shape? Excellant...hardly any usage, always kept in storage when not in use...yada yada yada. I did weddings mostly as a DJ and very few called for extra bass that my JBLs or Cerwin Vegas could not handle. Unfortunately, my Vegas need to be re-coned because I did not pull out my Klipsch often enough. I am wandering...sorry...just looking for a fair starting price. What do you think?