KSB 1.1 vs. SB 1

ybot

I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight on the differences between the KSB 1.1 and the newer SB 1's. Do they sound about the same? I am just about to move into a studio apt. in Brooklyn and I want to begin building a low budget music/HT system. I see the KSB 1.1's advertised on EBAY for under $130 but I hesitated to buy them because a) I've never heard them. B) Klipsch now makes a newer model.

Are a new pair of KSB 1.1's at $130 a good deal?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the KSB 2.1's. They are also on sale on EBAY for $180. Any recommendations?

If you have any advice for a neophyte, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

This message has been edited by ybot on 05-06-2002 at 10:08 PM

I can't comment on the differences, I'm afraid, but I can tell you that I bought a pair of 1.1's when they were discontinued a couple of years ago from an authorized bricks and mortar Klipsch dealer for $110, so I don't think $130 is a spectacular deal. I don't have them -- they were a housewarming present, but I gave them a brief listen and they sounded nice.

If they are in your budget, and the SB-1s are not, then I'd get them. I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you find them at an even better price.

Doug

------------------

My System