4.1 vs 4.2

The 4.1's are definitely louder. There may not be a tremendously huge difference but you can tell if you upgrade. I mean, the 2.1's are $200 and the 4.1's $250, you might as well dish out the extra $50 for two more satellites and more volume and power. If I were you, I would upgrade right away. One question though, what is the upgrade cost?

quote:

Originally posted by KaiserKT1:

The 4.2 system is 2 2.1's and that comes to a total cost of $300, the same as the 4.1's. Was just wondering which system would be better.

(2) 2.1's is $400 because (1) 2.1 system is $200 but I don't know which would be louder. ROCK ON!

HELLO EVERYONE ! Does everyone know what their saying here? Klipsch makes a V.2-400 (the old 4.1), the new 4.1's with headphone jack,aux input and new cross-over and the 2.1's which is (1) 130 watt sub and (2) 35 watt sats. Now you can buy (2) 2.1's which will make a 4.2 system but that'll set you back $400. Or you can buy the new 4.1's for $300. Or you can buy the V.2-400 for $250. I hope this clears thing up a little. ROCK ON !

i've been reading up a bit on the speakers and it says the 2.1's sub is 130 watts and the 4.1's sub is 160 watts, so to review the 4.2 setup has 260 watts of sub power and 140 watts of sattelites for a total of 400 watts, and the 4.1 setup has 160 watts of sub power and 240 watts of sat. power for again a total of 400 watts. it seem to me the 4.2's are gonna be weak on mids and highs since there is way too much sub power as opposed to the 4.1's which has more sat. power than sub. power, seem to me the 4.1's are still a better deal for a $300 package so i think i'm waiting, now that i think about it the 4.2 deal dosen't sound so good cause you gotta jerry rig them together and you still end up with 400 watts of power but too much low end