bass reflex port grills?

RJVB

I'd been dreaming of a pair of floor standers for a while, and when I got a not-to-be-refused deal on a pair of RF52s (basically the MKII for a MKI sales price!) I pulled the trigger. They've been playing since Friday morning, and I'm almost literally blown away by how much they sound even better than the RF51 bookshelf speakers we had before.

I'm just wondering about those big gaping holes (erm, bass reflex ports) on the rear. I can see some kind of tissue on the far end looking down said ports, and if even I can insert my hand, I can only imagine what other critters are going to waltz in there and make themselves comfortable. We're living in a countryside house, and while the 6 and 8 legged fauna isn't as diverse or impressive as in some parts of the US, we're rarely without spidery housemates.

Are there specific grills to place on the ports, just as there are grills to protect the front sides? Do I just get hold of a pair of old nylons and make something myself? For the moment I've slid in a bit of bubble wrap plastic, but of course I'm already imagining that's degrading the sound ^^

Regards,

René