2.1 Pro Media only faint sound from one speaker

So when I plug the setup into my computer, and turn the volume knob all the way DOWN, I can hear faint sound out of the left speaker. If I switch the connections, the sound switches speakers (it's coming out of whichever speaker is plugged into the (L) jacks on the subwoofer.) The strange thing is that the sound crackles and goes away as I turn the volume knob UP.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

So when I plug the setup into my computer, and turn the volume knob all the way DOWN, I can hear faint sound out of the left speaker. If I switch the connections, the sound switches speakers (it's coming out of whichever speaker is plugged into the (L) jacks on the subwoofer.) The strange thing is that the sound crackles and goes away as I turn the volume knob UP.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

Sounds like the knob is the problem.If it bothers you enough, you can buy a new ProMedia 2.1 Control Pad for $22.80 and hopefully fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sir, If you are unfortunately unable to find parts and fix your system of its volume problem, you may want to consider selling your system for parts. I have a broken speaker stand, and you have major failure leading to an unusable system. Maybe this can be a win-win so you can purchase a new system. I can be reached at tim.phillips.tx@gmail.com. Thank you.