Rf-15 not working properly please help

Victor Diaz

I recently moved and when I reconnected my rf-15 to my yamaha rx-v650 receiver they were not working properly. I am not getting any sound from the cone woofers on both speakers. I am only getting sound from the tweeters. I have tried both speaker inputs on the receiver and I have also checked the speaker wires. Can someone please help ?

It seems strange that the same problem is affecting both speakers. Are the shorting straps between the upper and lower speaker terminals still there? If the straps are there, try removing them and connecting one set of terminals at a time to your receiver (keep the volume low) to verify that only the tweeters are working. Although unlikely, it's possible that the woofers have gotten disconnected from possible rough handling during the move. If that's the case it should be an easy matter for you to remove the speaker panels and simply reconnect them.

It seems strange that the same problem is affecting both speakers. Are the shorting straps between the upper and lower speaker terminals still there? If the straps are there, try removing them and connecting one set of terminals at a time to your receiver (keep the volume low) to verify that only the tweeters are working. Although unlikely, it's possible that the woofers have gotten disconnected from possible rough handling during the move. If that's the case it should be an easy matter for you to remove the speaker panels and simply reconnect them.

I would speculate the straps are missing, and the prior owner was bi-amping.