Advice for Amp

thexad

I have a few question in regards to my setup. A little about my HT system. RF-82s/RC-62/RF-15s/S-2s/RB-51s/RSW-10, crossover at 60-80hz, all in a 16x14x8 room. I listen to 70/30% music/movies. Right now I am finding my Marantz SR5004 (90w x 7) doesn't have enough jam when listening to 2 channel music. I usually have the mains set to large as I don't usually like to listen to music with a sub on(could also be that my sub is in the rear right corner, unless I can build my sub under my center channel stand. Also I am finding in movies, that the RC-62 sounds like it is missing 'life' with vocals at reference volume and the rears RF-15s are not getting much for bass. I have played around with my old SR6002 (100w) avr to power my RF-82s and S-2's to take some of the load off of the SR5004, though I am finding is making not too much difference for 2 channel, but a little more so in 7.1. I am currently building thin (1") acoustic panels and have already placed heavy curtains behind my listening position.

My budget ($400-600) allows me to add either a UPA-2 or XPA-3 (if used) due to high shipping costs and boarder fees (Canada). I am concerned about over powering the RF-82s with a XPA (at loud volumes), and not much difference with the UPA (125w) over my Marantz (90/100w all channels) and only being 2 channel.I have also read the the UPA my not due well to impedance dips also? I would like to eliminate the dual avr setup I have right now.

Ideas? Thank you.