Heresy III, MAC 4100 sub connection

DanielM

Hello:

I am hopeful someone can give me some good recommendations on how to hook up a subwoofer to my McIntosh MAC 4100 (vintage 1978 I think) receiver and my Heresy III speakers. I have been wanting to try out a sub and have started looking around. To be honest, I have no idea where to even start looking for a sub. I looked at the manual for the RW10d only because I read a good review on it. The manual seemed to indicate that the RW10d would need to share the same terminals on the MAC 4100 as the Heresy IIIs use. Is this correct?

Help!

Daniel

The manual seemed to indicate that the RW10d would need to share the same terminals on the MAC 4100 as the Heresy IIIs use. Is this correct?

Help!

Daniel

If the 4100 has no dedicated sub output, you are correct. Most, if not all, subs have speaker level inputs, as well as line level. Either way will work.

Hello:

I am hopeful someone can give me some good recommendations on how to hook up a subwoofer to my McIntosh MAC 4100 (vintage 1978 I think) receiver and my Heresy III speakers. I have been wanting to try out a sub and have started looking around. To be honest, I have no idea where to even start looking for a sub. I looked at the manual for the RW10d only because I read a good review on it. The manual seemed to indicate that the RW10d would need to share the same terminals on the MAC 4100 as the Heresy IIIs use. Is this correct?

Help!

Daniel

That is correct. The sub will not degrade the sound to the Heresy's. I used this configuration over the weekend with a Paradigm DSP-3200 Sub and a pair of LaScalas run from a stereo amp with a minijack input. That way kids could plug in their ipods and listen to music very very very loud.