craigslist heresy ad, good deal?

davestef

The price seem very high for the condition of the cabinets. I would'nt rely on refinishing these cabs since the surface material is very thin and the process more complex than just building new cabs.

What Fritz said. About 3 years ago when the market was still hot, I bought a pair that looked very similar to those for $275.00. Dave if you can bare the wait - Keep looking. It took me almost a year & a half to find my Cornwallls locally.

Good luck & keep us posted on how it sounds,

• 3 weeks later...

how about this pair of cornwalls? the seller says theyre clean and sound great. hes asking $700

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/2687488521.html i want to know if thats a good price for this specific pair, or if i should wait for a better price. he said the original owner added felt and a layer of glass to the top so you could put decorations etc on it.

That price is on the upper end. If they are mint perhaps they are worth it. I'd ask him if he's willing to take a little less. In looking at Ebay sales, the price seems to get resistance at about $600. If they are in good shape and you can get them for about $600, you can always get most of your money back if you don't like them.

The Heresy's at $250 are a good price.

ok thanks. ill try to bargain the hell out of him :]

the heresys are no longer for sale. but i was thinking id rather not do the whole get the heresys and end up upgrading to the cornwalls thing.

theres a completed auction on ebay for a pair of cornwalls that went for $700+$300 shipping. but those are vertical cornwalls. whats the big difference?

im gonna wait for a better deal. the guy lives like an hour away. he doesnt have a sound system there that i can try out. so id have to take apart my sound system and bring it there n set it up etc. and i dont know if theyll fit in my car. and he doesnt want to bring them to my house unless im definitely buying them. plus my parents dont support me shelling out $500-700 on speakers when i already have a decent pair. sigh[:$]