Which components should i add next to RF-62

Nitemare

Hey Guys. I'm new here and i want to introduce myself. My Name is Sascha and i'm 26 yrs old and living in Germany and since last year a happy member of the "Klipsch Family" :)

i'm trying to get to the full 5.1 Klipsch System (RF62, RC62, RS62+Sub) as soon as possible and i'm asking which component would be the next logical step.

Currently i'm only in posession of the RF-62. They are connected to a Onkyo TX-SR508. The speakers are standing nearly 1.5 meters away from my listening position in a 10m2 "big" room.

I'm using the system for nearly 50% music(bass heavy music) 30% movies and 20% games

Should i upgrade to 2.1 first? Get a new Sub (had the RW-12D in mind). It would be oversized for the moment, but i'm planning to move to a bigger room in the future.

Oh yeah: Is it normal that i have to rise the bass to +6db at my AV-R that the RF-62 are picking up the bass? When i put my AV-R to +0DB i nearly don't have any bass with low/room-loudness volume.

Or maybe upgrade to 4.0 instead of the sub? Rears + Center?

Or maybe even changing the receiver, because it's to weak for the Speakers?

Hope you guys can help a poor guy from germany! :)

Hi Sascha, Welcome to the forum!!!

Something I would do is get a subwoofer to help the receiver deal with the bass issue. Get something that is the most you can afford, cuz we here know what happens when the upgrade bug hits. When buying anything for this system, think about what it'll be like when you move(if possible), to accommodate the size of the room. Getting the sub would be beneficial at this point IMO as it will not only help the receiver from not working as hard for your bass, but will aid in protecting those RF-62's for years to come.

What would be the advantage of the RB-61s?

Some prefer the sound of a direct firing bookshelf speaker for music listening. The sound is more similar to the direct firing speakers that you would find at a concert than that of the bipolar RS series (which are better for movies). Also, they're significantly cheaper. It's still a preference only.

What do you think about the RW-12D Sub? I heard it packs quite a punch.

It's a very good sub. You are planning to use it in a HUGE room, however. You might drive it to it's limits. Cost aside, A 15" sub would be recommended. Another thought in such a big room would be stacking two 12" subs in a corner for a large output gain. Many here in the States elect to purchase an internet direct sub as there is not much mark-up in price. Another option, if you are handy, would be to build a horn loaded sub. They take up a ton of space, but also have big output for very little money.

I think you missunderstood something. The room is 10m² small. The "big" was just sarcastic. It's 4.5 meters x 2 meters in size. And i'm sitting at the long side of the room. I think it's about 107 ft² in america? I hope i didn't miscalculate. (sorry we use the metric system here)

I think you missunderstood something. The room is 10m² small. The "big" was just sarcastic. It's 4.5 meters x 2 meters in size. And i'm sitting at the long side of the room. I think it's about 107 ft² in america? I hope i didn't miscalculate. (sorry we use the metric system here)

I did misunderstand. I thought 10 meters x 10 meters. Now that I'm on the same page, yes the RW-12d will be PLENTY of sub and a good choice to match your system.

Is there a advantage in buying a SW-112 Sub instead of the RW-12D? The RW-12D has better looks and fits better to my fronts

It's probably a matter of price. Buy whichever you are most comfortable with as they will perform in a very similar manner.

No other suggestions? :)

You might try posting this in the Home Theater forum as this is more of an HT question. Also, more folks into Reference gear over there.