Classe CP800

bliss53

I wanted to post about a piece of digital gear I heard on a friends system. My friend has a much higher end system than mine that I have heard it many times with many different pieces of gear. He was trying out a Classe preamp from our local high end store. It was a game changer. The Classe is very impressive even with low density iphone music files. Very sweet vinyl-like sound.  It also sounds like they must have some really tiny tubes on the circuit boards.  I was prepared for my friend's system to bring out the flaws in a "jack of all trades" type of DAC but it did not. Instead it really delivered.  I think he should save his pennies for this thing.  I also want to borrow it again in a few weeks and pair it with my computer and use the pure vinyl as a phono stage and run 24/192 files through the DAC for playback.  Should be pretty impressive.  Unfortunately I am now

thinking that I need a ADC/DAC upgrade. If you need a pre and/or a DAC make sure you put this on your audition list.

Given all this gushing I want to note that I am not associated with classe in any way.

Hey Pete, Thanks for the review. I've seen many Classe ad's in magazines for years and have always wished I could afford to try one. But, the price is typically out of my league. They sure are beautiful pieces of gear!

Tell him to continue save his pennies and I'll continue to drool! yellow.gif

Dennie