Quintet + sw-350, receiver recommendations?

tdunlap0001

Hello All,

I just ordered the new Quintet and SW-350 sub setup, not sure which receiver to go with. My available finances are as little as possible while providing adequate power and clarity to the speakers with HDMI inputs and one HDMI output to the TV. I am not against used or refurbished i just don't want to get something with a burned out channel. I do plan to upgrade my setup later in life, but have no plans in the foreseeable future since i am still finishing up school.

Thanks in advance. Also be gentle, i am a home theater beginner.

Terry.

Terry, great question! Fortunately the quintets arent power hungry so a normal receiver should suffice in the power department. Your next decision is do you want to get a receiver that has multichannel out so you could use an external amp if you want to in the future. Power amps are great because you have a large variety and it enables you to not use the receiver amp if a channel dies or if you are looking for a different or cleaner sound.

IMHO, to get a decent receiver you are going to spend at least $500 but its worth it. Without getting into specific models, these are brands that i prefer: rotel, harman kardon, denon, onkyo, marantz. There are other brands to explore but this is my usual list of brands. Ill doo a little research for you tonight when i am out of work