RC62 for LCR setup?

aakrusen

Could three RC-62 speakers be used for an LCR setup? The budget doesn't permit the correct matching Front speakers but three RC-62's can be purchased within the budget if they'll work. I know that each speaker in a 5.1/7.1 setup ideally made for the general sound that would come from that area, so would this center channel speaker be a descent L&R speaker?

If you are talking about getting new RC-62 II then speed the extra $100 and get one of those for the center and get the RF-82 II for the L/R.

If you can not do that then the RF-52 II will sound much better as a L/R than the RC-62 II.

The 52's are what I started with for the fronts and I was really surprised at how good they sounded for just being a little 5" speaker.

I'm happy with my setup but I have a friend that wants to get into the Klipsch family but he has a razor thin budget. He was thinking of buying used and there are plenty of Klipsch RC speakers on Ebay to choose from and I think if he was patient he could do an LCR RC-35 setup for about $600 or possibly an LCR RC-52 setup. The 62 is a stretch but I figured I'd start there.