Layne Audio Heresy woofers

I finally got around to installing my new woofers from layne audio in my Heresy's. They really made a difference the Bass is now tighter and it seemed to tame the speakers some. Money well spent! They also sent me speaker plans to build new boxes to install my Heresy components into a Ported Box. They say that this will net me bass down to 35hz if I decide to do it. I may build these next winter and see what they sound like. shouldn't cost more then about 125.00 for the parts and I'm a carpenter so the boxes should be easy to build. This way I can store the Heresy boxes and be able to reverse the mod at anytime. I really don't want to change anything with my almost perfect set cosmetically speaking.

Just thought I would share my results and thoughts

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Ed,

There drop in replacement no mods required. You just unsolder the wires from the originals and I used snap on connector incase I didn't like the new ones so I didn't resolder the wires on the new woofers. They line up to the original holes and even look original. They really tighten up the bass and might go slightly lower but not much. There $79 each.

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

This message has been edited by NOS440 on 05-13-2002 at 12:05 PM

I was thinking of buying the Heresy replacement woofer and replacement horns from Layne for a center channel. I am wondering if anyone here has done this and what was the result.

For the price I could get a set of used Heresy and have 2 center channels. But I thought it would be cool to build a custom cabinet with the dimensions I want ( with the same cu.ft as the original).