RC-62 ii left woofer rattle

thexad

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue with the RC-62 ii. It seems if I am listening to multi channel music with low 'ish' bass, it rattles (ie. Gorillaz - Stylo). If I slightly put my finger on the rubber surround, while its playing it stops the rattle. I have only had the center for a few months ~ 20 hours on it. Its being powered by a Marantz SR5004, and volumes are kept under 90-95db at the speaker. (also crossover is set at 80hz and small). The other issue I have is that the center does not seem to keep up or really match my RF-82's (seems like there is a blanket over the speaker), and didnt' seem like any upgrade from a RC-52. Any suggestions or ideas before I attempt warranty? (shipping is expensive from Canada)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this same exact problem when I first bought my RC62 ii. I only had the speaker 2 days before I noticed the right woofer rattle a bit while watching a movie. At first I thoght maybe I had set the crossover too low. I ended up going back to my dealer a day later and lucky for me he gladly replaced it with no ifs ands or butts. The very same day I hooked this one up it did the same thing again even as I set the crossover to 80. It was very weird, it only happened on certain low frequency effects. I guess this is a common thing on RC62 iis.