Testing the B&C DE-85TN

Guest David H

I'm sure these guys will rock your world with no treatment in the box, but it'll be a lot more refined with it. Wouldn't hurt to do an AB so you can see what I'm talking about.

Btw, the B&C drivers are legit. Just outta curiousity, is there a reason for looking at the 85 instead of the 75?

I will be getting some quilt batting for absorption, but that is a good idea to do some A/B'ing, with and without just
to get a feel for the effect that the batting has on the cabinet.

I started my Cornscala project with the intentions of following Bob Crites "Style C" plans and using his recommended drivers
and his Xovers but have modified things a bit as I have gone along.

I use 1" birch and then made the cabinets slightly larger to account for the thicker plywood and to also allow for a little more bracing.

Then when GotHover posted about the new network that ALK Engineering has on the go, I gave Al a call and based on both his
and Dave's suggestions I decided to go with the new Xover along with the B&C DE-85TN.
The DE-85TN is probably a bit overkill for my 3 way build but I figured if I ever wanted to reconfigure as a 2 way, this driver
would have me covered due to it's extended upper range compared to the D405 mid driver that Bob's plans called for.

I am just waiting on the delivery of Al's new Xovers and the DE-85TNs to be delivered from Al, these will mate with
a pair of Bob's CW1526CF woofers, a pair of Selenium HM 11-25 Horns, and a pair of Selenium D220TI Drivers.

I got the Grills covered on Monday, so now I am just playing the waiting game.