KLIPSCH HERESY II static cutouts

WORKHOUSE

I have a pair of vintage Klipsch Heresy II speakers that are hooked up to a McIntosh 6100 and a Rega P3. They get a static fuzz and then cut in and out. I assume it's the wire connection but could it be a short either in the amp or the speaker? wondering if you have an expert advice for connecting the amp to the speakers to triple check my handy work. I've clipped the bare wires short on both sides, they do not touch anything other than the individual screws on the speakers and fit snugly into the red and black boxes on the amp without coming through on the other side. Wondering if they are elevated onto a place separate from the amp if gravity might have an effect on the wires?? Another question that might solve the problem....What's the best recommended wire for this?

As always, ready to learn.

Remove the back and take a slot head screw driver and tighten all the screws on the crossover. make sure they are all tightgood and tight. If any of them looks to be coroded then clean them alland tighten them. that should likely solve your problem. give it a try and get back with the results. It is very likely NOT a driver and it might be the xover but much more likely the connections. Best regards Moray James.

PS: welcome to the forum this is a fantastic place. Your questions will be answered you will learn things that you never knew and make some new friends and get to hang with a top quality bunch of people who all love Klipsch.