KSC-C1 Center Channel ?

rdw70

I recently purchased the KSC-C1 center channel on Ebay and have a question about the sound I'm getting during movies. The speaker sounds great overall, but in sections of a movie where there are only vocals(as in a conversation between two people in a quiet room) and no accompanying sounds the speaker is really quiet.I usually have to turn it up a few notches. I've turned up the center channel volume, but if I go too high then it overwhelms the other speakers during other parts of the movie. I may be answering my own question, but my other speakers are not Klipsch so is this a problem with speaker matching? Just want to be sure I don't have a problem with my center. Thanks

Guest BobG

The KSC-C1 center is higher in sensitivity than other brands of speakers. When all of your speakers are playing, the center will be louder. You can try to adjust for this difference by turning DOWN the center speaker, just the opposite of what you mentioned. It is always best to use a matched group of speakers to avoid such problems.

• 3 months later...

Exact same problem. I have with the KSC-C1 and RP-5's with HK AVR310. I have the center channel at +8 db (max) and the RP-5's at -1 db. I also have the Low Fq + LFE going to the RP-5's. I still cannot hear voices and have to crank the main volume by 5-10 db to hear. Usual listening volume, -25 to -30. Volume needs to be -10 sometimes to hear low voices in movies but -30 can sometimes be extremely loud during loud scenes. System was calibrated with HK's SPL system. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.