Matching speakers for rc-3

nerdbot

I was fortunate enough to be given a Klipsch RC-3 center speaker a few years ago when I started hobbling together my first home theater system. I recently upgraded my receiver to the Pioneer VSX-1121-K and I am now considering upgrading my front left/right floorstanding speakers (Monster Streamline 100). I realize the series my center is from is discontinued, but is there a current series that would be a decent match? I believe Vanns currently has the VF-36 for $200 right now, would a pair of those be okay?

find the rf-3's used locally on craigslist, they are an awesome set. if you were going to try and match, stick with the reference series only. i dont know how they would match up, it would really be a crap shoot. If anything, buy the new rf-82 II's and then ev entully upgrade your center.

Thanks for the info, Subxero, I'll keep that in mind.

Tasdom, unfortunately, I don't live in California, and I just got back from that area this weekend for the holidays. But, thanks for the heads up, it'll give me a point of reference for price and search terms.