RS 42 placement in a 5.1

Mudkicker

Hello,

I just bought a new home. I have limited options for my HT room. Has to be a 5.1 set up and the couch needs to be against the back wall.

In this case, where is the best place to mount my RS 42 speakers? Agaisnt the back wall would be most practical. Mounting them on the side walls will prove problematic because I only have a wall on one side of the room. The other side of the room is open so I will not be able to mount a speaker there.

Any feedback or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

A speaker stand on the side with no wall may make the whole room and set up look bad aesthetically.

I was thinking of adding a big sturdy bookshelf unit agaist the back wall on the side of the room where there is no side wall. That way, the bookshelf unit will in a way create a mini-wall on that side. I could then mount the RS 42 on the side of the booshelf unit. What do you think?

Thanks for the reply.

A speaker stand on the side with no wall may make the whole room and set up look bad aesthetically.

I was thinking of adding a big sturdy bookshelf unit agaist the back wall on the side of the room where there is no side wall. That way, the bookshelf unit will in a way create a mini-wall on that side. I could then mount the RS 42 on the side of the booshelf unit. What do you think?

well it's your house for asthetics but im sure the sound will be fine.