Speaker Placement

JohnWB

Hi All,

I am in the process of placing my RB-5's into my 5.1 surround sound set up in the bonus room and in turn placing the RF-3's that are currently used as the fronts in that system in the room with my 2 channel set up. The RB-5's will now be on speaker stands, just bought sand to load them up, as the fronts in the surround. The RF-3's will now be part of a 2 channel system in a smaller room downstairs. How far from the wall should I place each pair? And, should I toe them in at all? I'm swapping them because I don't feel as though I'm taking advantage of the speakers in the systems they are in. Should I just leave them where they are? RF-3's with surround and RB-5's with 2 channel? Sorry to ramble but the RF-3's are cumbersome and I would hate to move them from floor to floor for nothing.

Thanks,

It sounds as if you are not happy with the sound of your 5.1 system? What speaker do you have and how are they layed out? The RF'3 or RB 5's can be used for your front stage or 2 channel listening. You said the RF 3's are going to a smaller room. I would keep the 3's in the larger room if asthetics are not a problem. Rear ported speakers should not be to close to the wall. What room correction program are you using? Please give additional info so forum members can be more helpful.

In the 5.1 set up i have an RC-3 for the center channel mounted under the TV and 2 RS-3's for the surround channels on speaker stands even with the couch that's used as the center of the set up. I also have a KSW10 subwoofer on the left hand wall. The surround was sounding fine with the RF-3's as fronts and the 2 channel was sounding fine with the RB-5's but i figured why not pair the RB-5's with the sub in the 5.1 surround and use the RF-3's without the sub in the 2 channel. This way i have more lower end on both systems. Maybe its not such a good idea. How far from the wall should rear ported the speakers be?