Chorus II's

ChipByrd

I have a set of Chorus II's. I have owned them for a few years. They sound good, but is there a diagnostic that you can run to ensure they are still functioning well? Also, what kind of regular maintenance should I perform? One more question: I have a 7.1 receiver, is there any advantage in bi-wiring them (we don't watch tv and don't use the surround sound)?

Some would recomend updating the caps in the crossovers. This could be considered maintance or upgrade. My C IIs were 20 years old at the time so I did the surgury. Big bang for the buck would be the tweeter diaphrams swap. A lot of us have purchased titanium from Bob Crites and I can not say that I have heard any regrets. As far as bi-wiring them, they are not set to do that from the factory. You need to disect the bass from the mid-high circuit within the speaker and add another set of terminals. Not very difficult. The benifit after bi-wiring off of a reciever when I did the same think was undetectable to my ear.